Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Whales won't die out just yet

I was getting extremely worked up about this whaling issue over the past couple of days more then anyone could really know, it affected me so bad I took it out on my little sister, well she'll get me back eventually, or maybe I was just evening the score, she punches a lot and they often hurt.
Now enough about that, thank god that Australia and New Zealand still managed to get the majority vote, by three despite Japan's bribing of other governments.
I would like to say, that I still don't like Japan's whaling activities but you can't judge an entire country by the actions of a few of its people, and beside most whale contains high levels of mercury and other nasty products, those who eat the meat will kill themselves eventually, so people will no longer eat whale meat eventually.
Well one can hope, another issue that has really annoyed me, is the treatment of the RSPCA leader, by animal activists. Most of them aren't Australian, well the leader of them definitely ain't, but to push someone to have to have bodyguards whenever he goes to public functions is wrong, and animal activists should stop with their more extremists activities, do they want to be labled as terrorists, because their activities in this area borders extremely close to terrorism, it doens't help their cause one iota by doing it, other then putting the law against them.

Hey I'm pretty good about talking about world issues, maybe I should do it more often, or maybe I'm just horribly bad at it and don't realise it, anyway that's all from me today at least.

Sayonara

1 comment:

The Maneuver said...

You know common sense has completely gone out the window when people of your species find themselves having to take a vote on whether or not it should be legal to hunt another species to extinction. Sometimes the human race just surprises me. And that's a pretty hard thing to do.