Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sandro you were with us for such a short time...

Today I was woken to the discovery that Sandro our cat of a year had been discovered dead by my sister when she arrived home this morning. Snakebite is suspected as the cause, but we ain't doing a post mortem to discover the cause, in fact we buried him an hour after discovering his death. Too many times have we waited too long to bury a pet and had maggots eating their corpses.
This is the first pet that I've lost recently and well lets just say it was one of the rudest wake up calls I've had in a while. The strange bit was I had a dream that was very similar to this, a couple months ago, as I was worried about neighbours killing him, due to his inexperience. To the snake that quite possibly murdered Sandro I feel a deep hatred. I'm arachnophobic not whatever the term for snakes is. I just hope our resident kowarongs(bush magpies) got it, I was very relieved to find our 13-14 year old cat Milo hadn't been got as well, and our dog Sally was fine as well. I don't know what I'd do if lost either of them.
At the moment, I am feeling great melancholy as I loved that cat, we may have had him for only a year but I will miss the poor guy, though I only knew him for a year, I'll miss the way he attacked my shoe covered foot when I put it in front of him or the way he yowled so he could be let out do go do his business. But most of all I'll miss the fact that I won't see him grow old, Given good care he could've been around till I was forty, and he would've been a good way to get over the inevitable deaths of Sally and Milo in the future, they are both getting well into their old age. My brother dealt with the loss in his typical practical if heartless manner, replace Sandro with a new kitten so he doesn't have to deal with the grief. And now I want to buy my own cat, a black cat, maybe not with the same unique coat that Sandro had or the same breed and I'll probably get a girl cat as well, but I'll miss my little buddy still...

Sandro
2006-2007
Rest in peace

Sayonara...

No comments: