Monday, May 30, 2005

Revenge of the Sith, the last star wars film ever, not on your life.

I doubt that Revenge of the Sith will be the last movie, whether the entire series is remade or George Lucas decides to go ahead with episodes 7,8 and 9, and there is that Star Wars show that will be coming out soon. A real honest to the force series on Star Wars. If they can do anything to the quality of the Star Trek series, well the latest one anyway it would be awesome.
I wonder who it would be about?
Ah well that is for other times.
Now I watched Star Wars III over the weekend and my immensly arrogant opinion still stands on its quality, it wasn't exactly the way I would have done it, but then I ain't the creator of Star Wars George Lucas is and how he does it is how it is meant to turn out.
So what the start of the movie had cliched lines, almost every line in movies now days is cliched, the entire start of the movie was designed to offfset the far more violent and gruesome end of the jedi. Mace Windu's death was not only satisfying it was Anakins first real and last trip down the path of the darkside.
Order 66 and if you only watched a small amount of the movie you would have missed it.
Do you know why General Grevious was coughing too?
Mace Windu.
Count Dooku made a great cameo appearance, and R2 took out two Super Battle Droids all on his own.
And the lines made me laugh that were meant to make me laugh. I love cliches and in reality I didn't come across all that many.
I could watch that opening seqeunce over and over again, it was just so bleeding cool!
I felt genuinely sad when I was meant to and I defiently felt sorry for Vader when he did his big scream.(and laughed a little)
On another note the movie directly follows on from the animated cartoon Clone Wars I and II, which has Mace Windu wiping out entire armies on his own, and Yoda of course. So some points which you don't understand in the movie become clear if you watched it before hand.
And the greatest part about the movie...yep you guessed it the revealing of Palpitine by Anakin and Mace's great finale.
Palpitine was the most surprising, I never beleived he would be like that in a fight, so old and frail does he look in the last three movies.
Yeah as a rabid Star Wars fanactic the movie was great a true dream, if I get a bit critical there were bits that could've been done better but on the whole even critics loved the film, well at the least the few that I've read at least. (Not counting one that wasn't even a proper review.)
General Grevious was a lot cooler in the cartoon, the only reason he seemed so badly injured was because he met a certain jedi.
Yep you guessed it.
Mace Windu.
Crushed bodies anyone?
Yeah anyway, sorry if I was arrogant in my last blog, foo on you!
Nah just joking, but I'm naturally arrogant, because I aspire to be more then anyone of you
Bwahahahahahahhaha
jk

13 comments:

Richard said...

Oh well anyway you might find this amusing/pointless/a desecration of DV's image: The Sith Sense

The Maneuver said...

Hey, this is coming from a SW fan who loved every (that's right every) movie, Sith Sense is cool. But to the film, too be honest, I've only come across two people who hated the movie, and over a dozen who loved it, so judging by the statistics, it must have been good. I believe that the new SW series can be good, but personally I wouldn't compare it with the quality of ST:Enterprise. Sure, it had its moments, but in large it was a missed oppurtunity. I could go on and explain my reasoning, or I could recommend you to the first tv drama review. Now remember, this guy is biased because he hates the series anyway, but he raises a lot of valid points.

Richard said...

Uh huh. More people voted for George Bush than John Kerry, does that mean George Bush is good too?

The Maneuver said...

George Bush? The election rigger? No, I'm not making that up, it's actually a common unspoken (well, not entirely unspoken) belief among Bush critics that he is a puppet and the elections have been rigged to ensure his victory.

Richard said...

Uh huh. Your point?

The Maneuver said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Maneuver said...

I deleted the last post because there was a problem with the link. We'll try again.

That if the election was rigged, more people didn't necessarily vote for him. Just look at this parody.

The Maneuver said...

Besides, I was never saying that if the majority of people like something it doesn't mean that it is good, I was just pointing out an observation that I made.

The Maneuver said...

You're losing an argument and you stoop to insulting me? Very mature.

Richard said...

Uh huh. Anyway, MY point is a) just because the majority of people like something doesn't mean it's good (may I direct your attention to this week's #1 single in the UK), and b) I never said that I hated the movie, I just found the first 45 minutes unbearable, and c) that's exactly what you were saying!

Eledor said...

Interesting how a blog about Star Wars started a conversation about George Bush...

Richard said...

Who knows where this argument would be by now if me and Mr Maneuver hadn't decided it wasn't worth fighting over...

The Maneuver said...

LOL, that is so true, Kubrick. Although I was right, there's no real point in arguing people's opinions.