Sunday, September 24, 2006

Stressing out much?!

I hate being the first to admit it, but I think I'm feeling the first effects of being stressed out.
Constant sought of worrying that I have to do something, but can't quite bring myself to do it, whatever that something is.

So to keep my mind of it I will talk about my rather uneventful trip to the Grampians.

For starters the unit which was worth $110 a day was not worth it. Straight flat out it was a total ripoff. It was one of those cheap portable things; with an oven, a toilet, a curtained shower, two sinks(shock horror, one in the bathroom one in the what went for a kitchen), a table with six chairs around it, just enough plates and utensils for five people, four bunk beds, and one double bed. Oh and a twelve inch tv, without a dvd player!
However after exploring hall gap for a while we realised why there was no dvd player. The only place that rented out dvds, had enough to fill a small shopping bag,*counting* the videos in that same stand.
The walk however was worth it I guess, about sevn k's long and completely planned by me, on the fly as we were came upon signs that pointed us in directions. I also carried the bag full of water, and the jackets and stuff, as everyone seemed to be dieing from lifting the massive 3 kilo weight worth of water that was in the bag.
So for the most part I lead us( being my sister and brother). Nice place to walk if you don't mind the occasional sheer drop only thirty centimetres away from where you are walking. At one point I couldn't bring myself to go any further, due to the very unsafe nature of the rock, it had recently rained, of course just to spite me, despite my obvious distress at being near such a god awfully unsafe spot, my brother took it upon himself to explore further.
He went out of earshot for about five minutes and I couldn't see him either. I was terrified to be that close to a sheer edge. And I had horrible images of falling off that sheer face, down to a nasty death.
Finally we left there and headed for a more sedate and half dead waterfall instead much to my relief.
I don't mind heights so much, its just heights where a single poorly placed foot can send you plummiting to your death, that I have trouble with.
Anyway we headed back, and my brother shouted us to Icecream, and Fudge.

I've come to the decision that I can clean my room up rather well, hoever maintaining it as clean is a whole different ball game...for me that is. I'm surprised I don't have more bugs in this room.

Anywho, I took a break from wrting this weekend, in fact the only stuff I did do, was write the word Eledor, and a brief description of Wren amounting to about twenty words in total. Instead I read a Terry Prachet book, the Douglas Adams of Fantasy, as I read it once put. Guards! Guards!

It has the best ever intro to a book, in the form of its acknowledgements.

He acknowledges the contribution of the city guard in fantasy stories, the guys who get killed by the hero in many bloody ways, who are only trying to do their job, and feed a family.
The Discworld is awesome!

Sayanara folks

1 comment:

Richard said...

Mmm... Fudge...

Anyway back to cleaning my room. The dust, oh the dust...