Sunday, June 10, 2007

Whining time!

You know what's been really cheesing me off this past week.
My course, its not the teachers, its not the actual subject matters of the course...its the other students. I can respect that some have work and other unaviodables...BUT...there are limits.
On wednesday, in the morning we had around ten or eight students in the class, I keep losing count. By the afternoon we were down to two, me and another guy. It wasn't the teacher she was just trying to treat us students like responsible adults. I mean when half the class is over 20 you'd expect them to be responsible. BUT...again this class has serious problems when it comes to maturity. Also more then half are FPS gamers. This may not seem important, but I consider myself an RPG and RTS gamer, more cerebral generally, requiring a lot more thought, then twitch actions, and generally having far less graphic violence involved in them. One guy blatantly posts up wallpapers of his favourite death metal band, with such memorable quotes as "leading the war against Christianity" I consider myself a Christian even if I'm not the most devout of followers, and I can respect other peoples decisions to believe in different things, but that kind of message really irritates me, and makes athiest look like violent religion hating fanatics, who can't respect other people's rights to believe in what they choose.
Buh almost dug myself a hole there anyway, that's just one guy who annoys me...I just don't like his wallpaper or his choice in music. Anyways enough on that and I wrote a pretty good ending for the film we are doing...but they decided to condence it, throw away 90% of what I wrote and not even look at how difficult some of these things would be to film...
We have a car chase in our film, we have never used a blue screen before, I don't know, we may be just digging a hole to make a crap film run virtually by one guy who isn't me, who will be doing 75% of all the acting, wrote the script. I'll do my best to make sure we do well, but now I have at least six lines in this film, when I only intended myself to have one line...(might try and fight that on tuesday)
Anyways that's enough about my course...
Onto my Website.
My good friend Brendan has been busy down in panda ville, (the foods good this time of year) making a very cool and professional looking website for me for free!
It will be up soemtime next weekend for your viewing pleasure, but I can tell you it looks fifty times better then my current setup(Not that that's not hard)
Anyways I will endeavour to do three strips this week, there's tonnes of stuff I could do, and may get a couple of good ideas at the farm tomorrow, by gods i have to work with the new guy tomorrow...I don't like him much, a standard hoon if ver there was one...
Okays if you got through all of that, you're crazier then I thought,
Sayonara folks! Till next I post!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Woah, Christian huh? I never had you pegged as the religious type. Learn something new every day I guess.

Eledor said...

An agnostic Christian Buddhist monk type guy!